the History of Printing
on the Web
Return to the main Site Links Index
Images of Early Printed Books
- IN AEDIBVS ALDI: The Legacy of Aldus Manutius and his press
From the the Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
- The Cary Collection
A Graphic Arts Library & Digital Image Database at the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Renaissance editions of Dante's Divine Comedy
A collaborative exhibition from the John A. Zahm, C.S.C., Dante Collection at the University of Notre Dame, The Newberry Library and the University of Chicago
- Jesuits and the Sciences: 1540-1995
From The Science Library / Loyola University of Chicago
- A hundred highlights from the Koninklijke Bibliotheek Includes both manuscript and printed materials
- The Karpeles Manuscript Library Museums is the world's largest private holding of important original manuscripts & documents.
- The National Library of Scotland is Scotlandís largest library, with 7 million printed books and 120,000 manuscripts.
- 4000 Years of Minature Books is a diverse exhibit of minature books from ancient to modern times.
Lilly Library - Indiana University
- Dime Novels and Penny Dreadfuls - Stanford University's Dime Novel and Story Paper Collection
Back to Index
- Gutenberg Project - A resource for information about Gutenberg and the Gutenberg Bible
- University Library of Goettingen, Germany
- Keio University, Japan
- Library of Congress - Is the largest library in the world and represents the single most comprehensive accumulation of human expression ever assembled.
- University of Cambridge
- The Online Resource Book for Medieval Studies (ORB)
a cooperative effort by scholars to create a resource for medieval studies on the World-Wide Web
- Early Printed Books Project
Early Printed Books in Oxford Libraries outside the Bodleian from the University of Oxford
- Repositories of Primary Sources
List of collections of rare books, manuscripts, archives, historical photographs, oral histories, or other primary sources - from the The University of Idaho
- The Book and Paper Group ANNUAL
A non-juried anthology of papers pertaining to the conservation and preservation of works of art on paper, books and library and archival materials published by The American Institute for Conservation of Artistic and Historic Works
- The Thomas L. Gravell Watermark Archive
a searchable online electronic database of photographic reproductions of over 7,000 watermarks in paper made between 1400 and 1835
- The Art of Books
is an on-line museum of the craft and art of book design presented by the University of Wisconsin Libraries.
- The Iron Gall Ink Corrosion Website
- Provides information on iron gall ink, its importance in art/history, and the major threat to the world's cultural heritage caused by its self-destructive properties.
Additional Guides listings related Web Sites
- Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Links to over 20 Special Collection Libraries
- Bellum Catilinae
Sites for the Greek and Latin Classics
- Explore the Internet
from the Library of Congress